Saturday 6 October 2007

Smasher API-G


Smasher Api-G
2lb 7oz
SH

Smasher Sports is a developing cricket company that burst onto the scene sponsoring many West Indian and Pakistani players as well as England wicketkeeper Chris Read and New Zealand all-rounder Craig McMillan. I ordered a Smasher Api-G (Smasher’s top of the range bat and the only one which is made in England) weighing 2.7. I was prepared to pay slightly more for the Api-G as the other models in the Smasher range are very expensive considering they are imported from India.

I received my Smasher reasonably fast and was pleased with the eye-catching graphics, and the nice straight grains. However the ping of the bat was not particularly impressive and the pick-up was poor especially considering it was meant to only weigh 2lb 7oz, so I returned the bat to Smasher who replaced it with another bat, although this one weighed 2lb 10z the bat had a nice middle but picked up like a cannon even with 2 grips. The grains on the second bat were not that nice either, and despite the nice middle I ended up shelving the Smasher due to its pick-up being so poor.

In summary Smasher’s bats are reasonably nice, but I was disappointed with the service (they sent me a bat which was 3oz to heavy) and as a result I would struggle to recommend a Smasher bat particularly considering the price. I may suggest you buy one if you could choose it in person where you could see the grains and feel the pick-up but I would strongly advise against ordering over either the phone or the Internet.

If you want to check out Smasher’s range then visit http://www.smashersports.com/
Review courtesy of Gus Kennedy

1 comment:

BetsAPI said...

I recently discovered your blog and have been reading along. I thought I could leave my first comment. I don't understand what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I can keep visiting this blog very often.
Are you searching for a cricket API? No need to searching more, here at BetsAPI, we provide the live scores and odds for various games, cricket is also one of them!