Sunday 7 October 2007

Salix Fera grade one


Salix Fera grade one
2lb 8oz
Sh



After having a Gray Nicolls Powerbow stolen from a cricket club, I decided to invest in a Salix Fera Grade One. It was 2lb 8oz dead weight, but with a scuff sheet and toe guard fitted, it was more like 2lb 9, still within my range, to my relief! When it arrived, I have to say the cosmetics of the willow left a lot to be desired, but it did ping nicely, so that I was pleased with. It only had about eight or nine grains, and they were not evenly spaced, but I suppose it was my own fault for buying near to the end of the season, when most of the willow with good cosmetics has already been sold.

I also noticed that it had a concaved profile, which I thought was unusual for a traditional, but fairly new company. However, as this profile seems to be the “in” thing at the moment, they will want to compete as best they can with the big companies.
I first used the bat in a practise game, and I was astonished with the quality. The ball flew off the bat, and I only had to push to see the ball going to the boundary. So far I’ve had scores of 50*, 37 and 2, although that is down to my ability, not the bat!

Courtesy of Arthur Thomas

No comments: