Saturday 6 October 2007

GM Catalyst Original


Gm Catalyst Original
2lb 10oz
Sh


I purchased this bat as it was new in the Gunn & Moore range, and I wanted to see what differences, had been made to make this model, better than some of the others, the main change was the concaved profile, which I though would result in a big profile, but the Catalyst is not concaved to the same degree as other concaved bats.

I got this bat for a very good price, when I recieved the bat, I was slightly shocked at the cosmetic attributes, the bat only had 7-8 grains, I was shocked as many of the originals I had previously seen, had large amounts of grain, but if it pings who cares, to the bats credit, the grains where all sapwood, and no blemishes.

The bat picked up nicely, it felt very balanced, I think the concaved profile, enhances the pick up, in my opinion anyway. The bat had a special new grip called 'shock absorba' which has a thicker material at the bottom of the handle where the bottom hand grips the bat, to absorb more of the shock gained when hitting the ball.

When I used this bat, I was pleased, it pinged nicely, and felt good in the hands, a nice addition to the GM range, with lovely new stickers. Performace was reasonably good, not the best bat I have used, but certainly not the worst.

Reviewed by Aaron Jepson

No comments: