Saturday 6 October 2007

Charlie French Recurve


Charlie French Recurve
2lb 10 exactly
Sh


Charlie French is also a relatively small company, like Fusion Sports who I reviewed earlier. With Charlie French being my local batmaker, and after having seen and used some beauties throughout the season, decided it was time to try one myself. CF offer, custom made or 'off the shelf' bats all of which are handcrafted, from grade 1 English willow

After some though, I went for a Recurve, which is more of a traditional shaped bat, with a 'flat back' as opposed to the huge concaved profiles, on some of the other bats I have reviewed.

With Cf being fairly local, I rang and asked for a 2lb 10 recurve to be made, and then picked it up a few days later, when I went to get the bat, I was very pleased with what I recieved, great looking willow, nice pick up, and when Charlie gave me a ball to hit with it, great ping too !

The bat has, 11 grains, all of which are sapwood, and have no blemishes, it weighs in a exactly 2lb 10, as I asked for, the bat doesn't have a huge profile, edges being 27mm at the widest point, Charlie French was pleased with the bat and said "it's a lovely piece of willow" and with him being a expert batmaker, and decent batsmen, I'll take his word for it !

Having used the bat a few times, I am still very impressed, the ball seems to fly with minimum effort, I really can't think of any bad points on this bat. Can't wai for next season, to use this.


The customer service offered, was also very very good. Charlie was happy to speak to me on the phone, and once in the shop, he offered me the chance to test the bat there and then, and even knocked it in a little for me. And to top it all off, he even threw in a scuff sheet, and padded bat cover, for no extra cost. Great service, great bat.


Will definetely be getting another Cf in the future, can't rate them highly enough, if anyone's interested http://www.cfbats.com/
Reviewed by Aaron Jepson

No comments: